Monday, January 22, 2007

Smudge Brushing Beagle




Well I had a go at just the head of the beagle. I do not believe it would be possible with the quality of the pic you can get off the tutorial to achieve the perfection shown on there. But I have to say what I have done is get a better quality than what I started with. I was doing OK at first as the instructions were extremely clear but as you get into it and you come across things that you are not familiar with (at least I am not) I had to use Adobe Help to find out how to do things. I really came unstuck with trying to use a layer mask to reduce the effects on part of the image. I kind of gave up and did it a different way. But when I got to trying to smudge in the whiskers I am sure it was because I was using only 72 pixels that to use the smallest brush size of 1 pixel was still far too big for the whiskers so I gave up at that point. I may have a go with pics I have of Bhryer the dog I look after sometimes (who incidentally has been extremely ill with a kind of enteritis where he was throwing up blood and also discharging blood) he must have caught it from all the long dead animals he eats when he is out. He at least home from the vets now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie J said...

I suppose what I should have done was increase the pixels of the image size so that 1 pixel would not have been too big. You can see the thick eyelashes I have done!!

January 03, 2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! That is definitely an improvement!! Good work! Now t try it on something new! LOL! (A lot of work though, huh?)

January 05, 2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger Katie J said...

Yes a lot of work but like everything I guess if you did it enough it would get easier. I hope I find time to do another one.

January 05, 2007 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home