Monday, January 08, 2007

January Blues 1: Wolcott Mill, 3 Iterations in Blue



We went to Wolcott Mill yestersday. We'd never been there before. It's a historical Mill and reenactment site, and we got a behind the scenes tour. Very interesting.

I played with the image on Virtual photographer and Photoshop. The first one is my favorite. It is an anvil VP filter with a pure blue cyan overlay. The second one is VP satin steel. The third is the first one with two difference layers applied and adjusted in PS with the hue slider.

If interested in the iterations, click on the pictures to view larger.

See this image in orange and blue.
See this image in sepia.Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie J said...

My utmost favourite which I am truly in love with is the same as your favourite. It is a winner for sure and I hope you post it as an alternative at BP as I do prefer it to the Sepia one on there. Possibly though that could be because it has been subject to the BP uploading curse of fading. Although I reckon the blue suits the subject more.
I like the second one very much also. You should put that one on BP too.
I don't like the purple and green. I don't dislike the orange and blue.
Very well done Mary!

January 08, 2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hate the way BP ruins my pictures. Sme people's pictures seem so nice and sharp.

I will definitely consider posting it to BP. Both of them, maybe.

THANK YOU! :-D

January 08, 2007 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home