Tuesday, December 12, 2006

ORTON TECHNIQUE 3 - moo


Now we have the real Digital Technique where I followed the Nature Photographers Online Magazine instructions. Actually I find that once I get used to it, it is just as quick as the way Geoff told me to do it. That was by using the contrast and then giving it a gaussian blur. With that you have to fiddle around with the adjustments whereas this way seems to come out instantly right and I don't feel I want to alter anything. Very easy instructions Val. The link to it is now at the top of this page.

This is purpose built fishing lake on the edge of the woods.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I really like this a lot. I think it came out well and has nice ambiance and is painterly.

November 21, 2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger Katie J said...

I just printed this out to see if I could sell it at the Craft Fayre but somehow I do not like the composition now it is printed out.

November 22, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I think it is very painterly. I like it.

I could see however that if you could move some of the stuff on the right over to the left it might enhance the compostion maybe? (Lotta work though)

November 22, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Katie J said...

Yes that would work better. If I ever find the time and can remember to do it I will do it!

November 22, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Great patience be with you.!

November 22, 2006 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home