Monday, October 23, 2006

Layers, Blending


The Forest Floor IV (Survival), by Mary Stebbins Taitt. Click image to view larger. This is from my Vera House Women's Shelter Collection. See a selection of my Vera House Collection.

This picture is a sandwich of an urban art portrait grown up with bushes and vines and paint dribbles from the same urban art site in Syracuse, NY. I have included the two layers I used. Under layers>blending options I chose hard mix. Then, under file>scrips I chose export layers as files to show you the two layers I used. I actually had more layers, but I combined them into two by using layers>merge down and layers>mergevisible. You probably can see the things I added the the two original layers if look closely.
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie J said...

When I first saw it I thought "Oh no not another depressing picture - I really don't want all that misery" but actually I think this is my favourite of all your Vera House images. It has so much more impact than the original urban art. Great job blending them together Mary!

September 24, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sorry about all the depressing work! I am trying to alternate it with cheerier stuff but this is important work--I'm glad you like this one!!! I partly feel as if I'm stealing it. Someone else drew the urban art. But I like it and it seems to have a good message. I don't know who painted the original. If it was signed, that was under the bushes and vines.

September 24, 2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home